Finding a great contractor becomes very time consuming and a very frustrating experience. Once the storms hit our properties, some of the Roofs are damaged and need to be replaced. Some roofs are just leaking and need to be repaired.
We are going to share a few trade secrets and help you get set up for success when looking for a professional contractor.
Here are a few pointers to help you sort through the bad contractors very quickly and end up back here to us an honest, hard working, and fair contractor.
- If you call the contractor and they don’t call back, or if they show up late. (This is the tip of the iceberg, it’s going to get worse.)
- If They don’t have money to start the job. (if they don’t have the money for materials, then they obviously have bad credit, are broke, or they are running a scam). Please Run!!
- Ask to see their driver’s license, General Liability Insurance, and Workers Compensation Insurance.
- See if they have a Valid Contractors License! Looking them up for your piece of mind is okay! See if they live in Oklahoma, ask to look at their car insurance to verify their name and address they tell you.
- You should be sure they are not felons and they are from Oklahoma. Look them up on OSCN to see if they have any local charges. If they are out of state and the winter comes are they going to drive up to Oklahoma City in the snow? Probably not.
- Call the police department 405-297-3946 and ask them to run their name for warrants to see if it’s okay to do business with them.